Thursday, February 22, 2018

Grinding and post interview

I have to keep up the grind! it feels good. I haven't lost my motivation because I can see the end of the tunnel. Let me back-step for a second.

I had an interview with LaunchCode on the 5th of this month. It went really well in my eyes. Afterwords my interviewer told me she thinks I'm ready for the next step. That they're going to start trying to match me with an internship! I've gotten really excited about this and in turn I've decided now is the time to step even harder on the gas pedal because I'm so close. 

I'm revamping my entire portfolio page in React with my new knowledge in SASS. Wow has Sass made CSS fun for me. It was a little complicated at first to get the 7:1 Schema (architecture) but after going through some tutorials, I was left  in awe. It works just like React, almost as if Sass was made for React. Now I'm having a blast styling my pages and seeing how much is out there to do with CSS.

One thing I never really thought of at the outset of this journey was the style implications. I never really thought about having to learn about primary colors, color scheams, design patterns and everything else involved with web design. Now I realize how much there is to learn just on the CSS side alone! I feel like I could spend the next 3 months focusing on CSS alone and only scratch the surface of all there is to be offered. I'm excited for the journey though. 

Even though I've been doing more CSS lately I haven't forgotten about the React and Redux side of things. Like always for me having a week away from the React side seems to have given my brain time to breath and soak all the information in. I now feel very comfortable with basic React webpages with navigation and the works. The state manipulation is even starting to make more sense to me through Redux.

All in all I feel like I've been really productive the past month and the sky's the limit. I'm going to just keep push and I know if I just keep learning improving and making projects there's no way I can be kept out of this industry. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment